Professional Landscape Architect
Florida No. LA0001482, FL Corp. Lic. LC0000268
New Hampshire No. 138
Massachusetts No. 637
USGBC, LEED®-AP BD+C
FDEP Stormwater Management Inspector No. 23940
Harvard Graduate School of Design
Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture, 1971
Iowa State University
Bachelor of Science Degree in Landscape Architecture, 1969
State Agricultural and Technical College, Farmingdale, NY
Associates Degree in Ornamental Horticulture, 1967
- Mr. Urban has over 46 years of experience in the field of Landscape Architecture, Site Planning and Site Plan Approvals. He is nationally recognized and the recipient of numerous design awards. His work has been published in Builder, Better Homes and Gardens and American Builder Quarterly Magazines. He is responsible for the redevelopment design of downtown Keene, NH that was recently selected as one of the top 10 great public spaces in America by the American Planning Association.
- Mr. Urban founded Urban Associates, Inc. in Bedford, New Hampshire in 1979 and Urban Associates, Inc. of South Florida in 1994.
- Prior to starting Urban Associates, Inc. he was the Director/Project Manager of the Landscape Architectural Department at Dufresne-Henry Engineering (150 person firm) located in Springfield, Vermont for 8 years. In this capacity he was in charge of all site planning and landscape design for municipal and private development projects.
- Travel to Italy, Spain and Hawaiian Islands to study Architecture, Gardens and Parks
ORGANIZATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- American Society of Landscape Architects and Palm Beach County Chapter
- International Federation of Landscape Architects
- S. Green Building Council (LEED®-AP BD+C)
- Served on the City of Boynton Beach “Green Community Alliance” wrote outline for adapted green site development & Florida Friendly code revisions
- Represented the FLASLA on the Florida Stormwater Task Force
- Currently Serving on the FLASLA Government Affairs Committee
- Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
- American Rainwater Catchment System Association (ARCSA)
- Serves on The PBC Land Development Regulation Advisory Board, Landscape Sub-Committee
- Project Management, LEED® Project Facilitator, Sustainable Site Design, Client Contact, Marketing, Site Design, Construction Cost Estimates, Planting Design, Low Volume Irrigation Design, Rainwater Harvesting Design, Plan Approvals, Site Lighting Photometrics & Certification, Stormwater Management Design, Paving and Drainage Plans, Low Impact Development (LID) Design, ERP Permits, Construction Observation Services, AutoCAD operation, 3D Models & Graphic Presentations, Green Roof & Green Wall Design, EcoArtist, Public Artist and Educator.
- Qualified Public Artist, Arts Commission, Boynton Beach, FL
- FDEP Certified Stormwater Erosion & Sedimentation Control Inspector
- Educator – FLASLA & AIA Approved Course Curriculum in Stormwater Management Design & ERP Approval Process & Currently Preparing a Course on Green Roof and Living Architecture Design
Nicole J. Urban
AutoCAD Technician and Graphic Illustrator
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graduation 2011
Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale (AIFL)
Computer Animation/ Graphic Design, 2000
Stetson University, Deland, Florida
Computer Information Systems
Siggraph 1998 Conference -Orlando, FL
Siggraph 1999 Conference -Los Angeles, CA
3D Studio Max Special Effects Seminar, 2000
Siggraph 2000 Conference – New Orleans, LA
Siggraph 2001 Conference – Los Angeles, CA
AutoCAD2002 Certification Course, 2003
ASLA Convention, 2006 – Fort Lauderdale
Photoshop for Landscape Rendering, 2006
Sketchup Intermediate Course, 2006
ACHIEVEMENTS / AWARDS
Design Honors Invitation, AIFL
Runner Up – Hollywood Jazz Festival Poster Design
Theater in Education – Central Florida
Ms. Urban has over 16 years of Graphic Design and illustration experience including 8 years of freelance experience in Graphic Design and Illustration and 3 years’ experience in 3D Animation. Ms. Urban’s experience in Graphic Design and Illustration includes artwork and illustrations for various national restaurant chains, murals, CD covers for local bands, as well as, advertising and logo design for several local businesses in Vermont and New Hampshire. She has also taught several classes in 3D Studio Max, Character Studio and Photoshop. From 2004 to 2009, Ms. Urban joined the full time staff of Urban Associates, Inc. as an AutoCAD Technician and Graphic Illustrator. She prepared the company web page, brochure and other company marketing documents for the firm. Currently she prepares graphic illustration and CAD drafting services to the firm on an as needed basis.
Jared K. Urban
ACCREDITATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED® AP), U.S. Green Building Council
- Certified in Underground Storage Tank Decommissioning – International Code Council (ICC)
- Massachusetts Certified Underground Storage Tank Inspector
- Certified Pre parer of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans and SWPPP Inspector
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certified
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA Bachelor of Science Degree – Environmental Sciences, Graduation 1998
- CAD drafting, site design and irrigation design using Land/FX program and Stormwater Management and Modeling Software training and experience in the preparation of LEED templates and LEED on line Submittals at Urban Associates, Inc.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experienced using: Primavera Project Management Software, AutoCAD and Land F/X Irrigation Design and use of Storm Water Management and Modeling Software
- EDR and PARCEL report platform for preparation of ASTM E1527 due diligence Environmental Site Assessments
- January 2001, Northeastern University, Risk Characterization under the MA Contingency Plan
- Licensed State Professional Association – Continuing Education Courses of latest methodologies and technologies for assessment and remediation of contaminated site Modeling Software
Mr. Urban has over 14 years of combined environmental consulting and project management experience:
- At Urban Associates, Inc.
- Preparation of permeable pavement design with a stone storage reservoir and preparation of construction details, specifications, stormwater infiltration recovery rate & storage calculations
- Preparation of LEED exhibits & templates. Revisions of the smart irrigation system using non potable water source gathered from a green roof with cistern storage
- Recalculation of the on-site water budget quantities using a spreadsheet developed by Urban Associates, Inc. This work was on the Waste to Energy facility located in West Palm Beach, FL.
- At Samsco
- Consultation and assistance to clients in the industrial and manufacturing sectors; Services include the evaluation of wastewater and selection of appropriate treatment and reduction options, specifically in the application of evaporation technologies, including thermal and atmospheric evaporation and vacuum distillation.
- At Golder Associates
- Management of multiple contaminated sites in accordance with applicable, federal, state and local regulations and client expectations. Projects included groundwater monitoring activities, subsurface investigations, environmental site assessments, remediation system OMM and underground storage tank decommissioning.
- At URS Corporation
- Management of a portfolio of retail gas stations for one of the largest petroleum companies in the world and successfully managed the closure of over half of those projects through active remediation and/or detailed risk characterizations.
- Management of installation, operation, maintenance and monitoring of a number of active remediation systems.
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments for over twenty retail gas stations.
- Assisted several clients with implementation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs).
- At Corporate Environmental Advisors, Inc.
Analysis of numerous petroleum contaminated sites including management of subsurface explorations, site assessments, remediation system installation, operation, maintenance and monitoring activities and health and safety as well as onsite management of environmental clean-up and assessment of spills and releases in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.